Division 20: Photography
WEDNESAY August 15
Enter Exhibits 1:00-8:00 pm
Thursday August 16
Friday August 17
Building Open to Public noon-8:00 pm
Saturday August 18
Building Open to Public 9:00 am-8:00 pm
Sunday August 19
Building Open to Public 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Pick-up Exhibits 4:00 pm
The theme in the Exhibit Building is FARM TRANSPORTATION THROUGH THE AGES.
General Information about entering exhibits in the Exhibit Building.
1. Entries will only be accepted in the Exhibit Building on Wednesday August 15 from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. NO entries will be accepted after 8:00 pm.
2. Judging takes place on Thursday.
3. Exhibits shall not bear any identification of the Exhibitor, except the entry ticket.
4. Use one Entry Form for each Division (some exceptions apply).
5. Pick-up exhibits no sooner than 4:00 pm Sunday.
6. Read ‘Notice to Exhibitors’.
Chairperson: Azucena Rudland 250-690-7737
Entry Fee: $ 0.50 per Entry
Prize Money: 1st $3, 2nd $2
SPONSOR: Wallace Studios
Special Prizes: $25 Gift Certificate to high point winner
1. One entry per Exhibitor in each class, expect Other.
2. Exhibitor must be non-professional, except for Section 3.
3. Entries can be from young Exhibitors, however see Divisions 21 and 22 for age appropriate classes.
4. Photos must be taken by Exhibitor in the last 12 months.
5. Negatives do not have to be present with entry, but must be available if there is any question of originality.
6. Any size of photograph will be accepted, but 5”x7” or larger is preferred, except Section 3.
7. Photos should be entered in a protective covering (eg. a page from a photo album, mounted on a matte board, or in a frame).
8. Photos should NOT be entered as part of a scrapbook page (see Division 19-Scrapbooking).
9. Ensure the photo fits the class in which it is entered.
10. Entries must be photographs (either film or digital), photocopies will not be accepted or judged.
11. Photos are judged on composition, colour/contrast, print quality, and appropriateness for the class.
12. For all ‘Other’ classes, entries will be judged on its own merit or with other like kind.
Section 1 – Black & White
2001 Animals, tame
2002 Animals, wild in natural habitat
2003 Around Your Community
2004 Buildings and Barns
2005 Camping Scene
2006 Caught in the Act
2007 Farms, Fields and Fences
2009 Flowers, home garden
2009 Flowers, wild
2010 Holiday Scene
2011 Humorous Scene with Caption
2013 Macro Photograph, any subject
2014 Night Scene, requiring flash or tripod use
2015 People, one or group, candid
2016 People, one or group, portrait/posed
2017 Photo from Previous Year’s Exhibition
2018 Scenery in Season, outside photograph depicting a season of the year
2019 Series, one subject, 2-5 photos
2020 Sports, recreational or competitive
2021 Still Life, arranged composition
2022 Telephoto Photograph, minimum 300mm, any subject
2023 Vehicles and Machinery
2024 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
Section 2 – Colour
2026 Animals, tame
2027 Animals, wild in natural habitat
2028 Around Your Community
2029 Buildings and Barns
2030 Camping Scene
2031 Caught in the Act
2032 Farms, Fields and Fences
2033 Flowers, home garden
2034 Flowers, wild
2035 Holiday Scene
2036 Humorous Scene with Caption
2038 Macro Photograph, any subject
2039 Night Scene, requiring flash or tripod use
2040 People, one or group, candid
2041 People, one or group, portrait/posed
2042 Photo from Previous Year’s Exhibition
2043 Scenery in Season, outside photograph depicting a season of the year
2044 Series, one subject, 2-5 photos
2045 Sports, recreational or competitive
2046 Still Life, arranged composition
2047 Telephoto Photograph, minimum 300mm, any subject
2048 Vehicles and Machinery
2049 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
Section 3 - Green Colour is the suject of this section. It will change every year. Search your photos from the past 12 months!