Division 14 - Beverages
**There will be NO Beverage Division in 2017**
Chairperson: Bill Dobbs 250-567-3398
Entry Fee: $ 0.50 per Entry
Prize Money: 1st $3, 2nd $2
SPONSOR: Bacchus U-Brew
Special Prizes: $50 Gift Certificate to high point winner in Sections 1-4
SPONSOR: Ventin’s Vitamin House
Special Prizes: $25 Gift Certificate for the high point winner in Sections 5-8
1. One entry per Exhibitor in each class.
2. All entries must be made by the Exhibitor.
3. All bottles and cap must be clean.
4. All beer must be domestically brewed.
5. Two bottles of beer must be submitted for each entry.
6. Juice & teas must list ingredients.
7. An iced tea entry must be a minimum of 2 cups.
8. For all ‘Other’ classes, entries will be judged on its
own merit or with other like kind.
SECTION 1 – GRAPE WINE
1400 Red, dry
1401 Red, sweet
1402 White, dry
1403 White, sweet
1404 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
SECTION 2 – BERRY & FRUIT WINE
1405 Red, dry
1406 Red, sweet
1407 White, dry
1408 White, sweet
1409 Wine Cooler
1410 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
SECTION 3 – BEER
1411 Lager, light
1412 Lager, full body
1413 Special Beer
1414 Other, does not fit in
any of the above classes.
SECTION 4 – LIQUEURS
1416 Citrus Fruit
1419 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
SECTION 5 – FRUIT JUICES
1420 Any One Variety
1421 Mixed Variety
SECTION 6 – VEGETABLE JUICES
1422 Any One Variety
1423 Mixed Variety
SECTION 7 – TEAS
1424 Herb, mixed
1425 Herb, other
1426 Iced, mixed
1427 Iced, other
1428 Sun Tea
1429 Specialty Tea: Lemony Mint Herb Tea *see recipe below*
SECTION 8 – SODA
1430 Root beer
1431 Ginger ale
1432 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes.
|Lemony Mint Herb Tea Recipe for class 1429
1) Pound 4oz. of fresh mint leaves to a pulp with a pestle and mortar or food processor. Add 1oz. of finely ground sugar. Boil 1 litre of water with 2oz. of sugar for 5 minutes. Add juice of two lemons.
2) Add the pulped herbs to the cooled syrup mixture. The herbs will be darker in colour, this is normal. Chill the mixture at least 6 hours. Strain the drink and transfer to an attractive glass jug. Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve. To preserve, transfer strained drink to quart sealers and use hot bath canning to seal.