Division 20 - Photography
Entry Fee: $ 0.50 per Entry
Prize Money: 1st - $3, 2nd - $2
SPONSOR: Wallace Studio
Special Prizes: $25 Gift Certificate to high point winner
1. One entry per Exhibitor in each class, except Other.
2. Exhibitor must be non-professional.
3. Entries can be from young Exhibitors, however see Divisions 21 and 22 for age appropriate classes.
4. Photos must be taken by Exhibitor in the last 12 months.
5. Negatives do not have to be present with entry, but must be available if there is any question of originality.
6. Any size of photograph will be accepted, but 5”x7” or larger is preferred.
7. Photos should be entered in a protective covering (eg. a page from a photo album, mounted on a matte board, or in a frame).
8. Photos should NOT be entered as part of a scrapbook page (see Division 19-Scrapbooking).
9. Ensure the photo fits the class in which it is entered.
10. Entries must be photographs (either film or digital), photocopies will not be accepted or judged.
11. Photos are judged on composition, colour/contrast, print quality, and appropriateness for the class.
12. For all ‘Other’ classes, entries will be judged on its own merit or with other like kind.
SECTION 1 – BLACK & WHITE
2000 Abstract, not digitally enhanced
2003 Animals, tame
2004 Animals, wild in natural habitat
2005 Around your Community
2007 Buildings and Barns
2008 Camping Scene
2009 Caught in the Act
2011 Farms, Fields and Fences
2013 Flowers, Home Garden
2014 Flowers, wild
2015 Holiday Scene
2016 Humorous Scene, with Caption
2017 Landscape, rural
2018 Landscape, urban
2019 Macro photograph, any subject
2020 Night Scene, requiring flash or tripod use
2022 People, on or group, candid
2023 People, one or group, portrait/posed
2024 Photo from previous year’s Exhibition
2025 Scenery in Season, outside photograph depicting a season of the year
2026 Series, one subject, 2-5 photos
2027 Sports, recreational or competitive
2028 Still life, arranged composition
2029 Sunset or Sunrise
2030 Telephoto photograph, minimum 300mm, any subject
2032 Vehicles and Machinery
2034 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes
SECTION 2 – COLOUR
2035 Abstract, not digitally enhanced
2038 Animals, tame
2039 Animals, wild in natural habitat
2040 Around your Community
2042 Buildings and Barns
2043 Camping Scene
2044 Caught in the Act
2046 Farms, Fields and Fences
2048 Flowers, Home Garden
2049 Flowers, wild
2050 Holiday Scene
2051 Humorous Scene, with Caption
2052 Landscape, rural
2053 Landscape, urban
2054 Macro photograph, any subject
2055 Night Scene, requiring flash or tripod use
2057 People, on or group, candid
2058 People, one or group, portrait/posed
2059 Photo from previous year’s Exhibition
2060 Scenery in Season, outside photograph depicting a season of the year
2061 Series, one subject, 2-5 photos
2062 Sports, recreational or competitive
2063 Still life, arranged composition
2064 Sunset or Sunrise
2065 Telephoto photograph, minimum 300mm, any subject
2067 Vehicles and Machinery
2069 Other, does not fit in any of the above classes