PLEASE NOTE THIS INFORMATION IS BEING UPDATED.
Click here for the current month by month arena schedule. Exceptions to the schedule will always be posted on the main page of this website.
For equestrian users of the facility, the Nechako Valley Exhibition Grounds provides a heated and lighted 70' x 200' indoor riding arena, a 110' x 195' outdoor competition arena, and a 160' x 220' outdoor draft horse ring. We have equipment available for your use including barrels, jumps, poles, etc.
We have a heated lobby in the arena building as well as indoor and outdoor washroom facilities (outdoor includes showers and is only open during summer months).
The Exhibition Grounds boast 8 outdoor 30'x40' pens which include a covered shelter, as well as a light horse barn with 10'x10' box stalls for your boarding convenience.
Arena Rider Members are entitled to the use of all of these as per the fee schedule below.
The public is welcome to haul-in anytime and use the facilities at their convenience, for a drop in fee of $15 per day. Please check the arena schedule BEFORE making the trip in!
The NVES strives to provide a safe and enjoyable riding environment for riders and animals. The Society is open to all comments received by Arena Rider Members, and encourages participation in the Society’s monthly general meetings.
The arena ground will be tractor groomed Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.
Gates will be locked every night at 10:00 pm and opened at 7:00 am.
Arena Rider memberships are valid for one year from date paid, and include the $10 general membership to the NVE Society.
Yearly membership fees, attached to a completed application (see below), can be put in the drop box in the arena lobby, brought to the office during regular hours, or mailed to the NVES.
Drop-in riders must fill out a waiver, sign, and include with the $15 payment in an envelope, and place in drop box in lobby. Drop boxes are checked regularly.
Waivers, applications, and envelopes can all be found on a table near the drop box in the lobby, as well as at the rear of the arena near the yellow drop box.
|Adult||1 adult 19 and older||$270.00|
1 youth, 18 or younger (requires parent/guardian signature)
Each additional youth (same family)
1 parent + children 6-18 years old
2 parents + children 6-18 years old
Children 5 and under
|Drop-in/Guest||Those with no yearly membership||$15 per day|
|Time Slot in Arena Rider Schedule||
Book a dedicated time slot for your group or club (upon approval from Board)
|$100.00 per 6 month season|
|Policy for time slot here|
Pens &Stalls are locked. Arrangements must be made in advance for access by calling the office at (250) 567-3011.
- 10 x 10 Box Stalls: $25/day OR $75/month + $25 cleaning deposit
- 30 x 40 Outdoor Pens (2 horse max.) : $25/day OR $200/month + $100 cleaning deposit
- 20 x 20 Indoor Pens:$25/day OR $150/month + $100 cleaning deposit
- 30 x 30 Indoor Pens (2 horse max.) : $25/day OR $200/month + $100 cleaning deposit
Forms can be found in the arena lobby or downloaded here. You must submit a competed waiver for your age group with your arena rider member application.
Guests/Drop-ins must complete a liability waiver once so that we have one on file for you before you ride.
Forms and payment can be placed inside arena lobby drop box or brought to the office during regular hours (Wed,Thurs,Fri 10-2).
- Arena Rider Application - print form
- Release from Liability Form - Adult (19 years and older)
- Release from Liability Form - Youth (under 19 years old)
Member Expectations and Safety Rules
- Membership dues must be paid before you ride. Any rider that has not paid will be penalized 1 month's dues.
- If you are not a Member, you must pay drop-in fees of $15 per day. These fees are NOT applied against regular membership. Members are responsible for collecting and submitting fees for their guests.
- All riders must clean up after their horses.
- No cattle, barrels, poles or other equipment to be used during open riding times.
- All equipment is to be put away after use.
- Respect other members and Nechako Valley Exhibition Society staff/members.
- Ensure the facilities and grounds are clean and tidy after use.
- Park in a reasonable fashion so as not to restrict access.
- Turn off the lights and heat (if applicable), and close the doors to the arena when you leave.
- All dogs must be under control and on a leash at all times, unless involved in a specific activity. Owners are to clean up after their dogs.
- No dogs allowed in the arena unless in a specific canine event.
- All riders need to do their part in picking horse manure up after they ride and after their event.
- If after your event or practice there are large rims or very uneven ground, this needs to be fixed for the next group – there are rakes behind roping box.
- All riders under the age of 18 MUST wear a helmet when riding on the grounds- no exceptions.
- The lights in the indoor arena must be used after dusk.
- Unsafe riding behaviour is strictly prohibited anywhere on the grounds.
- All livestock and horses must be kept under control.
- All animals left at the facility will be housed in secured pens/stalls.
- All animals will be treated humanely.
- No dogs allowed in the arena unless in an organized canine event.
- The maximum speed limit for all vehicles at the Exhibition Grounds is 20km/hr.
- Please report any faulty equipment, damaged pens and stalls, or other damage of the Grounds to the Nechako Valley Exhibition Society immediately.
- Please read the signs posted in the arena and arena lobby for additional information on general safety, animal boarding rules, and proper facility usage.
Insurance and Liability
- As an Arena Rider member you are using the facility at your own risk. The Nechako Valley Exhibition Society recommends that Arena Rider members obtain HORSE COUNCIL OF BC equine insurance as an affordable extra coverage.
- All riders (including Arena Riders, Saddle Club members, drop-in riders, and Guests) at the Nechako Valley Exhibition Grounds must fill-in and sign the Release from Liability form(s) before riding.
Groups or clubs wishing to ride in the indoor arena for a specific discipline may make a presentation to the Board of Directors requesting a regular time slot. Download the Policy.
There is a time-slot booking fee of $100 per group per 6 month season (winter or summer). Each group must include an active Arena Rider Member. Participants in the time slot who do not have an Arena Rider Membership are required to pay the $15 drop-in fee per usage.
Groups currently holding time slots: Dummy Roping, Barrels, Jumping, Team Roping, Cutting, Gymkhana, Pony Club, and 4-H.
- Open: Open to any riding style (NO dogs or cattle).
- Working Cow: Members to supply their own cattle.
- Barrels: Barrel racing only.
- Dummy Roping: Roping of dummy cattle. Dummy ropers must groom the sand after roping, with the harrows provided for use with a quad.
Contact Information for groups:
|Pony Club||Nicole Jackman-Craig||567-5966|
|Barrel||Candace Beier or Courtney Zanette||567-0791 or 960-9243|
|Dummy Roping||Jason Beier||570-2258|
|Roping Club||Ray Sayles||567-8476|
Pacific Northern Gas: 1-800-663-1173
St. John Hospital, Vanderhoof: 250-567-2211